You most definitely will be hard pressed to find a more versatile mountain bike anywhere out there for trail riding, than the full bang for the buck you get with a 29er hardtail. And when made from steel, you have a bicycle that will last nearly forever, tackle about any single track you can find, and won’t deplete your wallet. The El Mariachi 3 is that mountain bike. Salsa used their Kung Fu Cro-Moly triple-butted tubing to reduce the weight of the frame without lessening strength at the joints, so you don’t have to worry about the frame cracking in a weaker spot. They also designed what they call Alternator Dropouts to allow quick-and-easy single speed conversion whether planned to be a single speed, or just a way to get you home after a derailleur blowing middle of the ride mechanical.
Salsa is also employing a design that is a swing-style, and are held in place with tension bolts, so there are no worries of getting both sides correctly aligned with just bolt torque. This also means that you can change the ride characteristics of your El Mariachi mountain bike easily. Pulling the rear wheel in tight for short chain stays and quicker handling characteristics, or push it out to make the chain stays longer to add a stabilized style cockpit at higher speeds. Like most of their bike models the El Mariachi, places itself very well in the epic and lengthy, and makes for an excellent bike for multiple day bike-packing. This is not saying, of course, that you will not be able to race it. The Salsa Mariachi 3 will eat up short-track XC mountain bike races as well.
- SRAM 2×10 drive train makes for optimal gear ratios while reducing the El’s weight
- Rock Shox Rekon TK Gold 100-mm 29er fork features plenty of squish
- Avid Elixir 1 brakes with 180-mm front rotor and a 160-mm rear offer great modulation and stop very well
- Lowest gear combo is a 27×36 to get you up anything that’s worth riding up
- Their El Mariachi Pro Moto Flat handlebars are wide to give you better control in the twisty single track sections, and abrupt switch-backs will inspire you to ride more because it’s now such a blast on the new 29er!
- Rapid Rob mtb tires from Schwalbe have plenty of low rolling resistance from the low-profile knobs, but have larger shoulder and side knobs for great hookup in the turns, or steeper descents.
Click below to order the 2013 fun ride from the creatives at Salsa and get Free Shipping.. enjoy, as the statement holds truer than ever, STEEL IS REAL!!