The new Carbon rides are formatted around the same geometry used in conjunction with a 100 millimeter front fork, the same as their aluminum twenty niner mountain bikes. The carbon frame is reported to have high torsional stiffness. And their saying it will be a great all day comfort design hard tail. Some similar goal objectives of other brands with 29in hard tails have been implemented with the new CF SLX 29er:
– A lower and very large head tube area, tapered, with an integrated headset.
– Having a lot of carbon support within the bottom bracket area, and a direct mount front derailleur with a press-fit bottom bracket.
– The CF seat stays being compliant vertically and by utilizing asymmetric chain stays to get the most out of tire clearance.
– The rear axle is 142/12 mm
– Internal cable routing, as well as for a dropper post
– Proven 29in Geometry, with shorter chain stays
The new bigger wheeled Canyon CF SLX carbon frames have a weight just below that 1100 gram mark with the size medium, which is including the Impact Protection Unit. Their new technology here simply bolts on steering arrest, which keeps your handle bar from damaging the carbon fiber frame by turning it too far in the event of a crash.
It has been reported that the Canyon carbon-framework has implemented three different carbon fibers are used as well as different types of linear fibers, which get woven into a complicated carbon fiber layup. These fibers have been combined for self-damping with (HE) fibers, for the resistance to fracture are ( HS fibers), and utilized for stiffness are the (UHM fibers), located at the specific areas throughout the frame that are noted on the diagram. A simple example is where they used very long UHM fibers are used along the top tube to the head tube area.
There 2013 CF frames will be offered in two different color choices,of either black / white (with red details) or in the team finish version (black / bright green). These guys will also have four carbon fiber models available, each having a 15 mm thru axle front, and 180 millimeter discs brakes, and two SRAM X ten by drive train combinations. And the upper level models will receive the new version of Mavic 29in wheels.