FELT EDICT NINE LTD
A few other details with their high-tec carbon, Felt describes that its designers chose to use woven carbon fabric inside and out on the frame for impact protection, saying that this type of fiber will transfer shock to a wider area than the uni directional material does. So they used both 3K and 5K carbon inside and outside the down tube and on the top tube where the brake levers hit against the carbon frame in a crash. This is utilized throughout the Felt carbon mountain bike lineup.
The Felt Edict swing arms are one piece and do not use a rear pivot at the bottom bracket area. This suspension design is a big step away from their five-link Equilink for their shorter-travel XC suspensions. This suspension concept is reliant on the flexibility of its carbon stays and the exactness of its carbon layup schedule to give it enough range of movement and yet, keep the torsional rigidity needed for aggressive riders throwing down power, when riding technical terrain.
To scrape weight away, Felt designed DU bushings in the Edict rocker link. These bushings take less space than ball bearings and reduce the size of the rocker link and increases its strength. The main swing-arm pivot rotates on ball bearings. These 29er bikes are delivered at five different price levels: The Nine LTD at $9299, the $6199 Nine 1 and $3629 for the 3 version that is decked out in carbon as well, along with $2899 for the 50 alloy version and the 60 as well at $2039 with an alloy frame. While the top-tier model shown here as the frame and shock will list at $3099.
– Frame: Ultimate Plus Nano carbon, 100-mm front and rear travel, FAST pivotless suspension, standard quick release rear dropouts.
– Front Fork: Fox Float 32 CTD Fit, 100mm travel, 15mm through axle
– Rear Fox Float CTD
– Drive System: Shimano XTR Shadow+ with two x ten, and 11 – 36 cassettes
– Disc Brakes: Shimano XTR Trail, 160 millimeter rotor
– Component Selection: Easton Carbon 29er wheels, Kenda 24-Seven tubeless tire, Felt carbon bar and seat post
– Weight: 24.1 lbs
– Frame Sizes: Sm, Med, L, X-L
– Suggested retail price: $9299, frame only- $3099