Through what seems to be eons ago the mountain bike pedal has always been that critical component and crucial for the bike. But the importance unfortunately gets overshadowed by the latest and greatest in the suspension, wheel size or drive system departments. Pedals literally have tall mountain peaks on their plate to serve up, which is a tall order to fulfill, non the less they ultimately need to be super tough but yet lightweight, and user friendly to boot. Thankfully there’s a couple of companies in the cycling industry that focus on them, and TIME is on the shortlist as one of those and accomplished all of the items stated above with their upper level ATAC XC 12 Titan Carbon Pedals. They have accomplished all this for 2014 by utilizing advanced material science to get there along with their world cup proven extremely simple design, that gives you both plenty of float with super easy engagement.
This design works as such because when you clip into their (ATAC) which means Auto Tension Adjust Concept, for those who wish to keep themselves tech savvy. This XC 12 line of mtb pedals, employs a frontal style retention system that self cleans and sheds the unwanted dirt and muck out of the pedal. Thus making it clear that you won’t miss your cleat position before that very loose and steep climb.
Once you get yourself engaged into the XC 12’s, thankfully your ankles and precious knee cartilage are treated to the industry-leading level of float. In fact, these are adjustable, with three resistance options for the +/- five degrees of angular float in order to provide the perfect amount of resistance or freedom that require. Additionally, the TIME setup also provides 6mm of lateral float for side-to-side movement on them. So, instead of being locked into one position, your foot is free to find the most comfortable position possible.
For the notes on their cleat, it was designed to be reversible, which simply means that you can flip it around to be positioned to release at either 13 or 17 degrees to your liking. For a durable, consistent operation, the ATAC’s arches are constructed from stainless steel. Also, the wide carbon body and titanium axles minimize weight for a low rotating mass.
- Weight: 241 grams
- Bio Performance
- Pedal : TIME ATAC XC 12 Titan Carbon
- The ATAC System Design (TIME Sport Group has become the Master of easy cleat engagement with the clipless system)
- Awesome debris and mud removal (Self cleaning off-road pedals are the shit)
- Angular freedom (±5°) and lateral (6 mm)
- Titanium axle with Composite body
CROSS COUNTRY AND MARATHON
- Charcoal Grey with red accents (“Please note that the sale price is listed when this 2013 article was written, but it actually gets updated daily due to supply, so there’s a great chance the price is reduced even more than what I have listed here. So the best way to see what the current price is, to check out the purchase info link below.”)
“Have fun ripping up the woodlands or desert this spring with this high performance set up…. Enjoy!
– this item is available with free online shipping
more Time ATAC Info Here
and Thank You!
“– Funner, the-Cafe”
Sale Price: was $.00 now $379.00