ENERGIE CYCLO X
The 2017 Energie Pro redefines performance and raises the stakes as a high-level cyclo-cross race bike. With massive mud clearance, low frame weight, internally routed cables, hydraulic disc brakes and SRAM’s Rival 1 CX groupset the Vitus Energie will ensure you maintain control in any race day situation.
The Energie Pro is a high end full carbon Cyclo-cross race bike – designed specifically to meet the demands of all-out CX assaults. This high performance full carbon frame features increased stiffness and tyre clearance making this a phenomenal bike for back country roads and forest parks alike. When you take into consideration that numerous teams use Cyclo-cross bikes during the early season Classics races you can really appreciate the potential and diversity that this bike can offer.
The Vitus comes equipped with a race ready single ring set up built around the SRAM Rival 1 Hydro groupset that combines a wide ratio cassette with a single ring X-SYNC 40t chainring. Rival hydraulic disc brakes, a Tubeless-Ready WTB Frequency CX Team/Novatec wheelset and a Vitus finishing kit complete the package.
The Energie frameset features a High-Modulus T700 HM-UD Carbon construction for superior strength to weight. Full internal cable routing has been specifically designed to prevent ingress of mud and water and to increase comfort when shouldering the bike during racing.
The rear axle configuration is adaptable from 142mm x 12mm through axle to 135mm x QR via interchangeable dropouts which can be purchased separately.
A High-Modulus T700 HM-UD full carbon fork features a tapered carbon steerer and beefed-up fork blades to ensure precise tracking and steering with the ability to handle the rigors of competitive Cyclo-cross racing.
To see more Vitus Review info and more specs, check out the Chainreaction.com website, for detailed purchase info!
Another fabulous creation for your collection…
- Frame: Vitus High-modulus T700 HM-UD carbon, disc brake specific, 12mm through axle (Shimano E-Thru standard)
- Fork: Vitus High-modulus T700 HM-UD full carbon with tapered carbon steerer, disc brake specific, 15mm through axle
- Chainset: SRAM Rival 1, X-SYNC 40t
- Bottom Bracket: SRAM GXP
- Brake/Shift Levers: SRAM Rival 1 HRD 11 speed, hydraulic disc brake
- Front Derailleur: N/A
- Rear Derailleur: SRAM Rival 1, Long cage (accommodates 10t – 42t cassette)
- Cassette: SRAM PG-1170, 11-speed, 11t-32t
- Chain: SRAM PCX1, 11-speed
- Rims: WTB Frequency CX Team i19 TCS, Disc Brake specific
- Front Hub: Novatec XD612SB-15 Disc Brake, 15mm through axle
- Rear Hub: Novatec XD612SB-X12 Disc Brake, 142mm x 12mm through axle
- Spokes: Double butted stainless
- Tyres: WTB Cross Wolf TCS, DNA Compound, UST Aramid Bead, 700c x 32c
- Front Brake: SRAM Rival 1 hydraulic disc, 160mm rotor
- Rear Brake: SRAM Rival 1 hydraulic disc, 160mm rotor
- Handlebars: Energie Compact, 6061 Alloy, 128mm drop/ 77mm reach
- Headset: Token A83M-15, 1.1/8” – 1.5”
- Stem: 3D forged 6061-T6 aluminium, + / – 7 degree rise
- Saddle: (same)
- Seatpost: Energie 6061-T6 alloy, 15mm offset, 27.2mm x 350mm
- Seatclamp: Energie bolt
Weight: 8.38kg/18.47lbs (size 54cm)