The UK companies fastest hardtail just got faster, the Cotic is confidence inspiring, agile and fun, with a planted feel at high speeds on the rocks, and carve-it-up traction in the corners. New for the legendary Solaris Max hardtail handling is translated into a Boost width platform with 148mm rear spacing for stiffer, more responsive wheels, thru axle security, and massive tire clearance for up to 27.5 x 3.0″ tires. Add to the stunning new Cotic color options and internal ‘Stealth’ dropper seatpost routing and you have all the hardtail you will ever need.
The new Cotic Solaris 27.5+ mtb sports Metallic Champagne powder coating for the frames for 2017, along with two other options of Gloss Black w/Aqua, or Gloss Black w/Orange great details.
- Adaptable head tube was designed with the 44mm standard diameter with an external bottom cup so that it’s compatible for tapered steer tubes, and lower stem stack heights to compensate for the taller front end due to bigger wheel sizing.
- A 31.6mm diameter seat post is also compatible for a dropper version, the frame accepts external remote or internal “Stealth” routing. It also uses hose clips for the external remote under the top tube, or p-clip bosses for a down tube run for the ‘stealth’ internal option.
- Bigger diameter Reynolds 853 thin wall steel, uses air hardening technology along with a gusset less DZB down tube and a new signature Oval form top tube.
- Cotic’s signature series 4130 chromoly wishbone stay rear end, and S-bend chain stays that don’t use a bridge, and Hexten gussets as well to improve overall fatigue life on the hardtail frame.
- Well accommodated for big mtb tires – plenty of clearance for 3.0″ WTB Trail Boss.
- Geometry ranges with different fork setups, the minimum is 100mm travel up to 120mm for the longest setup. It also works great with 470 mm rigid forks as well.
- The 27.5+ geometry numbers capitalize on a longer top tube, with shorter 60-90mm recommended stem length to maintain excellent weight distribution and great trail handling qualities.
- They discontinued the past years 16″ frame size, as back in 2013 Cotic unveiled the model with the sizes 16″, 17.5″, 19″ and 20.5″. They were focused on making sure all the sizes were still compact as possible to make them huck worthy.
- Claimed Weight for the Cotic Solaris 19″ size is – 4.9 pounds