- Claimed Weight : 151 grams for set
- Bio Performance
- Time Model: ATAC STAINLESS
- System Design (Time Sport are the Masters of easy cleat engagement along with releasing out of the clipless setup)
- Amazing debris and mud removal (Self cleaning off road version)
- Angular freedom (±5°) and lateral (6 mm)
- Stainless axle with composite body
°°°MASTERING THE RELIANCE OF TECH
The Concept: It has now become proven technology with the Atac pedals’ dual-arch retention system, to guarantee the easiest and most dependable release and engagement in any possible condition mother nature can throw out. Because of the low spring tension design it naturally causes minimized friction for the Atac with extreme conditions. The other key items to take note of for why the models have become so well known for the best release and engagement in the industry is with their optimized release angle of (13° or 17°), making them feel more natural and consistent on the knees, allowing you to concentrate on other things like mountain biking with full confidence… Enjoy the Time Atac XC2 pedals!
The Atac Pricing: was $99.00, now $90.00
Time purchase review Info Here..
– Funner, ..Cafe
Review the Time Atac XC4 vs this model shown above for comparison…
For the record it has now become world renown that Eggbeater Pedals are without question the easiest to use clipless pedal system made. The four sided Crank Brother wings of the Eggbeater make it almost impossible to not get yourself clipped in when the cleat and bottom of your shoe come in contact with the pedals. The wings on the Eggbeaters rotate in a forward or backward direction under applied pressure from your shoe to quickly engage the cleat smoothly.
While not only being super fast and simple, the Crank Brother Pedals are also sought-after for their amazing light weight as well at a mere 174 grams.When the question comes to snow and mud, there is no pedal that even touches the muck performance of the Eggbeater setup. They were specifically designed for sloppy conditions. The more open design naturally allows mud and dirt, and snow to fall through the Crank Brother pedal as you are engaging your cleats. The new version also have a titanium body, with ti wings, and spindle as well. The spring has changed from the older models to stainless steel to increase durability and create consistent cleat tension. Another huge plus to this pedal is no matter where you mountain ride, they won’t ever corrode.
Complete product detail and specs:
The new 11’s are the top of the line pedals for the bicycle parts gurus. The designers for Crank Brothers have updated them for higher durability, having a stronger tapered spindle, and updated cartridge bearings.
- Total Weight: 174 grams for the complete pair
- All-access Eggbeater design for superior mud shedding
- Four-sided design from these pedals provide a nice “no need to look” entry
- The Body Material: is made up of 6al/4v Titanium
- The Wings: are also 6al/4v Titanium
- While the Spring: is durable 300 series Stainless Steel
- End Cap: Aluminum, with gold anodizing
- Premium Brass Race Cleats are included with purchase
- Shoe Compatibility: 2 hole SPD-style bolt pattern
- Shims: Are Included
- Release Angle: 15 degree or 20 degree
- Max Rider limit: is 200lbs / 90kg (as recommended from CB)
- The Full Crank Brothers Manufacture Warranty: is set at 5 years for the original purchaser
These newest Eggbeaters are now available at Backcountry.com and qualify for free online shipping while the warehouse supplies last if you click on the link below..
And Thank You for supporting this 29er-Cafe site! 🙂
The Model is Now On Sale from $382.49
10% off – regular price = $425.00
Candy 11 key details:
If your looking for the lightest weight platform style mountain bike pedals, you have landed on some sweet Crank Brothers Titanium mountain bike pedals here. These are the newest brand of top-end Candy setup to deck your all-mountain/cross-country bike out the lightweight style. This setup was recently redesigned to be improved with greater durability. They have also applied a slightly stouter tapered spindle for the Candy axle, and updated the Candy’s cartridge bearings as well as the water tight seals.
The 11’s key features:
- Weight: 226 grams per Candy set
- They have an all access design for super mud shedding capability
- provide 6 Degrees of Float
- Simplified “no look” entry
- Pedal Body: made with 2 piece machined alloy
- Retainer Wings: 6al – 4v titanium
- Spindle axle: 6al – 4v titanium
- Retainer Spring: 300 series Stainless
- Adjustable release angle
- Premium Crank Brothers Brass Cleats
- Mountain Bike Clipless Shoe Compatibility: 2 hole SPD-style
- Shims: Included
- Changeable Release Angle: 15 or 20 degree
- Maximum Rider Weight: 200 pounds
- The Crank Brothers warranty: is a full 5 years with original purchase
This fantastic set of Candy Pedals are available at Back-country.com and also qualify for free shipping as well if you click on the link below.
Thanks for supporting 29er-Cafe! 🙂
Now On Sale from
On Sale $314.99
10% Off, Regularly: $350.00
If your looking for a mountain bike pedal with a little extra support for your foot, here you have it. These are the newest model now being cranked out in to the single track nirvana dubbed the Candy. Which is now second generation version. The Crankbrothers Candy 3 have had an update with their design to make for better durability. They applied a stronger tapered spindle, and updated the bearings and added different air and water-tight seals. The Candy’s also feature some great details listed below:
- Approximate Candy 3 weight: 304 grams-for the pair
- The design is all-access for incredible mud shedding qualities compared to any other brand
- They offer 6 Degree Float
- Pedals are simple with “no look” entry
- Updated Body Material: two piece machined alloy
- Wings: made from Cast Stainless Steel
- Spindle axle Material: made from forged SCM435 Chromoly
- Spring: made from 300 series Stainless
- End Cap Cover: Alloy, anodized
- Adjustable release angle
- Brass Cleats Included
- MTB Shoe Compatibility: 2 hole SPD style
- Shoe Saver Shims: Are Included
- Changeable Release Angles: at 15 degree or 20 degree
- The maximum Rider Weight: Has no restriction
- The Crankbrothers manufacture Warranty: is a full 5 years
These super cool Candy 3 Mountain Bike Pedals are available at Back-country.com and also qualify for free online shipping while the limited supplies last located at the link below…
Thanks for supporting this 29er-Cafe website! Enjoy all..
Now On Sale from $99.00, to 79.00
Total confidence without towing more weight uphill.
These CrankBrothers Candy 2 MTB Pedals are some serious eye candy. Their new design with a two-piece aluminum body is a gorgeous piece of modern style CNC machined and ano’ed mountain bike art, we like them- can you tell… They improved them to be stronger, more durable, and they are still as light as the older resin body of the Candy pedals. The Candy 2 body simply gives you a lot more purchase to hit than the standard Eggbeater when you need to get clipped in fast. They also offer more support for your feet.
Similar to the Eggbeater versions, these very intuitive Pedals have 6° of float and are supplied with two-bolt cleats that fit all mountain bike shoes. The have brass cleats that are slightly asymmetrical. So depending on which cleat you use, you’ll get either a 15° or 20° release angle. Another benefit of the use of brass for the cleat is that they are softer than the steel used in the retention parts of the pedals. which will make sure that the inexpensive and easy to replace cleats will wear out before the pedal parts do.
Crankbrothers designed their MTB pedals to be easily serviceable. They’re so simplified, they can be disassembled, re-greased, and put back together in a few minutes. This model comes with a forged chromoly spindle, a stainless steel retention spring, and stamped and plated steel retention wings. The pedal body spins on their very long industry proven serviceable bushing/cartridge bearing system.
These Candy 2 Mountain Bike Pedals come in Orange and Natural Allow. They’re included with one set of cleats, two shims for protecting the bottom of your MTB shoes, and all the hardware needed for installation. This Crankbrothers version of the Candy 2’s claimed weight hits the scales at a mere 296 grams for the pair.
80 .00, now $62.00 >> Free Shipping here on orders over $50 at Backcountry