- Claimed Weight : 151 grams for set
- Bio Performance
- Time Model: ATAC STAINLESS
- System Design (Time Sport are the Masters of easy cleat engagement along with releasing out of the clipless setup)
- Amazing debris and mud removal (Self cleaning off road version)
- Angular freedom (±5°) and lateral (6 mm)
- Stainless axle with composite body
°°°MASTERING THE RELIANCE OF TECH
The Concept: It has now become proven technology with the Atac pedals’ dual-arch retention system, to guarantee the easiest and most dependable release and engagement in any possible condition mother nature can throw out. Because of the low spring tension design it naturally causes minimized friction for the Atac with extreme conditions. The other key items to take note of for why the models have become so well known for the best release and engagement in the industry is with their optimized release angle of (13° or 17°), making them feel more natural and consistent on the knees, allowing you to concentrate on other things like mountain biking with full confidence… Enjoy the Time Atac XC2 pedals!
The Atac Pricing: was $99.00, now $90.00
Time purchase review Info Here..
– Funner, ..Cafe
Review the Time Atac XC4 vs this model shown above for comparison…
Specifications for the Crankbrothers Eggbeater 3 pedals
These killer set of Eggbeater’s are now redesigned to have better durability utilizing a new stronger tapered style spindle, with new cartridge bearings on both ends of the spindle to replace the old bushing style.
- The claimed Estimated Weight is: 278 grams for the pair
- Designed for serious mud shedding
- easy “no look” cleat entry
- Pedal Body: Cast Stainless
- Pedal Wings: Cast Stainless
- Axle Spindle: Forged SCM435 Chromoly
- Spring retainer: 300 series Stainless
- End Cap material: Alloy, anodized
- High-end Brass Cleats are Included
- Compatible with any 2 hole SPD style Shoe
- Shims are Included
- Cleat release has option of 15 degree or 20 degree angle
- Recommended Rider Weight: No restriction
- The Crankbrothers Manufacture Warranty: is 5 years from original purchase
Eggbeater 3 MTB Pedals are available at Backcountry.com and qualify for free shipping if you click on the link below.
Thanks for supporting This-Cafe! 🙂
Now On Sale from $107.94
10% off – regular price = $119.95
Eggbeater 2 key detail info:
Here is a very small but quick little secret? Crankbrothers Eggbeater 2 MTB Pedals are actually several grams lighter than the Eggbeater 3’s … and cheaper to boot. Their key difference is the stamped and plated steel retention wing and they employ two small bushings instead of needle bearings in which the 3 version utilizes. In reality, they are pretty much identical to the older Eggbeater SL version and within six grams of weight, but they land at $20 less from the wallet. A great value to be had for sure.
Eggbeaters are very well known to be some of the easiest to use clipless systems made. Thanks in all to their four-sided wing, it’s nearly impossible to not get clipped in with quickness as soon as the bottom of the mountain bike shoe touches the pedal. It is designed for the wing to rotate either forward or backward under the pressure of your shoe to smoothly engage the brass cleat attached to the bottom of your mountain bike shoe.
This Eggbeater 2 pedal setup have also had a couple of updates to give them better durability. They now utilize a stronger tapered spindle, and updated cartridge style bearings with water tight seals.
- Light Weight: at 272 grams for both pedals
- All access engineered to shed mud quickly
- Four sided wings provide “no look” entry
- Body: Cast Stainless
- Spindle: Forged SCM435 Chromoly
- Spring: 300 series Stainless Steel
- End Caps: Anodized Alloy
- Brass Race Cleats are Included
- MTB Shoe Compatible: 2 hole SPD-style
- Shims: are included
- Cleat Release Angles: 15 degree or 20 degree
- Max Weight of Rider: None
- Their limited manufacture Warranty: is 5 full years
These Crankbrothers Eggbeater 2 Mountain Bike Pedals are available at Backcountry.com and also qualify for free online shipping if you click on the link below. Please note they are limited to stock on hand.. Enjoy!
Thanks for supporting this 29er-Cafe website! Enjoy all the world of fantastic single track to be had.. happy trails.
This Model is Now On Sale from $90.00, to 71.00
Total confidence without towing more weight uphill.
These CrankBrothers Candy 2 MTB Pedals are some serious eye candy. Their new design with a two-piece aluminum body is a gorgeous piece of modern style CNC machined and ano’ed mountain bike art, we like them- can you tell… They improved them to be stronger, more durable, and they are still as light as the older resin body of the Candy pedals. The Candy 2 body simply gives you a lot more purchase to hit than the standard Eggbeater when you need to get clipped in fast. They also offer more support for your feet.
Similar to the Eggbeater versions, these very intuitive Pedals have 6° of float and are supplied with two-bolt cleats that fit all mountain bike shoes. The have brass cleats that are slightly asymmetrical. So depending on which cleat you use, you’ll get either a 15° or 20° release angle. Another benefit of the use of brass for the cleat is that they are softer than the steel used in the retention parts of the pedals. which will make sure that the inexpensive and easy to replace cleats will wear out before the pedal parts do.
Crankbrothers designed their MTB pedals to be easily serviceable. They’re so simplified, they can be disassembled, re-greased, and put back together in a few minutes. This model comes with a forged chromoly spindle, a stainless steel retention spring, and stamped and plated steel retention wings. The pedal body spins on their very long industry proven serviceable bushing/cartridge bearing system.
These Candy 2 Mountain Bike Pedals come in Orange and Natural Allow. They’re included with one set of cleats, two shims for protecting the bottom of your MTB shoes, and all the hardware needed for installation. This Crankbrothers version of the Candy 2’s claimed weight hits the scales at a mere 296 grams for the pair.
80 .00, now $62.00 >> Free Shipping here on orders over $50 at Backcountry